HP Designjet 800PS Plotting problem

Ken Garland

Question

5 answers to this question

There are several posts in this section about this error.

The easiest way to fix the problem is probably to get the clear print settings script from tech support to clear the print data in the file.

You should email them at tech@nemetschek.net and explain the problem as well as request the script and directions.

Have had similar, but not identical, error message I.D.s with the 800PS, and a variety of other errors, but no plots yet. OS9 still works great.

Tried a number of ideas and utilities. (The script does not work.)

Now looking at fonts as the cause of this.

Still testing (between deadlines.)

-TM

Tom, Font Doctor is a good utility to report bad fonts. It's expensive to buy, but you can download it and use it for a trial period. It will not find all the bad fonts in a few, rare cases, but it will do a good job wedding out significant problematic ones.

I also had a similar problem printing from VW 10.5 to a HP DesignJet 1055CM in OS X 10.2.8. The problem appeared suddenly and with only certain files. The script was no help to me either, but another suggestion that a font could be to blame yielded a solution. The culprit turned out to be Stencil which was inadvertantly used by a new employee. We routinely use Stencil BT without ill effects. As soon as Stencil was eliminated normal plotting was restored.

OK. It all pointed to bad fonts. In this case Graphite ATT that seemed to be the worst offender.

Turns out I had a TON (dozens) of currupted fonts that I have been collecting over the years, just copying to new systems as I got them.

Be warned folks, don't be a clepto with fonts, it will bite you when the deadlines are tightest!