800PS Print Error Using OS X

Tom Macie

Question

Can't print from Vectorworks only (other apps OK) to 800PS plotter once I installed OS X. Now at release 10.2.8, with VW 9.5.3, using IP Printing to a lab from a remote office. Static IP.

Sometimes get the error below. Other times jobs never make it to Print Center.

"pictwpstops - got an error disposing of document =-8986"

Prints fine when booted in OS 9. Prints small a sized jobs OK. Might be a font issue? Printed small jobs with system fonts, but won't with something like Graphite ATT.

HP ignored my posts on their forum (I suppose 'cause it's a Mac.)

Any suggestions?

-Tom

2 answers to this question

Contact Tech Support.

There are a number of ways to address this problem. The easiest is with the clear print settings script (obtainable by contacting tech support).

Depending on various situations, there are different ways to approach the problem.

I had a similar message appear suddenly when printing certain files from VW 10.5 to an HP DesignJet 1055CM in Mac OS X 10.2.8. Tom relayed a suggestion to me that a font might be to blame and sure enough I was able to pinpoint Stencil as the source of the problem. Turns out a new employee inadvertantly used Stencil instead of Stencil BT which is what we typically use and has never created any problems. As soon as Stencil was removed from the drawings normal plotting was restored. Needless to say Stencil will be erased from all workstations, although it prints fine from a machine still running OS 9. Thanks to NNA for maintaining a great resource and to Tom for his help.