Sign in to follow this  
DEE J.

Plotter F/ Mac

Question

I am currently using Vectorworks Architect 10.1.2.. I have been using a HP 455ca plotter. It has worked well for a number of years. It has devoloped a problem with it's printer catridge carriage. The cost of repairs is more than I am ready to spend on this old printer. I am therefore ready to replace it.

I am not impressed with HPs rip sftware and have had many problems with it. I am impressed with their phone help but the fact that it's an old machine and so therefore they have no intention of updating software for a machine that they no longer sale just does not help. I have been told that the replacement for that plotter is the hp 500 and if I need the 500ps or not has not been entirely resolved. (Probably do) I have also been told that if I do not want to deal with rip software problems I should go to the hp 800 ps. I have a small office and do not want to spend any more than needed to replace it. I have several hp smaller printers and like I said their phone service is great. Their desire to work on the Mac platform and their rip software is a different story. I have heard epson plotters work well with few problems. Are there any others out there. I would appreciate any advice. deej@pmt.org

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet