Can I save as a plot file ?

Viper x

Question

4 answers to this question

The only ways I found to create a plot file from a VW file is to export the file as DXF to CADintosh , and then export HPGL (may need to change the extension to plt). Two other software can do the trick are DxPlot (win) and Miniplot (mac).

But I'm not sure about printing, I usualy work with plotter-cutters, but he seems like a lot of work to print a document!

quote:

Originally posted by kiwi:

The only ways I found to create a plot file from a VW file is to export the file as DXF to CADintosh , and then export HPGL (may need to change the extension to plt). Two other software can do the trick are DxPlot (win) and Miniplot (mac).

But I'm not sure about printing, I usualy work with plotter-cutters, but he seems like a lot of work to print a document!

What can I say but [Eek!] that long journey is fraught with failure surely ? [Eek!]

[ 09-25-2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

A plt file is generally exchangable with the .ps file type. Generally the print shop is going to open the file in a type of plot file program and have it produce to the printer via that program.

You can create a PS file if you have a PS printer installed on the computer. You don't need a PS printer connected, just the driver installed and setup to create the file.

Then, in the Print dialog box, checkmark Save as File and you have a print file.