light position circuit summary

I have a valid light position, 24 lamps on it with a label legend that works (different channel numbers, unit numbers and colors show up). The lamps have the right light position info ( name, z value). Every thing is there.

But when i select the light position summary for circuits, i get 1 circuit needed and 23 tofers.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Information is generated from the Circuit Number Field in the Lighting Device. Blank Circuit Number Fields will generate a requirement of 1 circuit and # of units-1 2fers.

[ 03-26-2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: klinzey ]

ok i understand now. to get an accurate count, i have to input that info.

On page 4-5, it says that circuit number indicates where ins. is plugged. since i have no data as to what circuit is available where, isn't misleading and counter productive in some cases to input a abstract value?

would it be possible to automate a transfert of the instrument unit number to that field? or better yet, should not the summary be a result of a count of different channel numbers , taking into account wattage of ins. and capacity of circuit/dimmer.