vw 9x and hp designjet 100

rbraun

Question

when I try to print on an hp designjet 100 out of vw 9 or 9.5.3 - any dimensions off the horizontal do not print correctly. I've tried different fonts and nothing works. I've tried vw 8.5 and everything prints fine, however I would like to use 9 , any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

Katie, under OSX the HPDJ100 works fine, but I found out its drivers can cause some kind of conflict wit VW10. After I print the application quits and it damages the file. When I try to open it again I get a message saing that the file is damage and the application quits again. Since VW is the only application that does this I guess there is some problem with it.

Do you think updating the firmware on the plotter may fix this problem? I have had the plotter for a few weeks now and I didn't understand why the files I was working on where all damage. Now every time I want to print something I have to do a copy of the file and print the copy because I know it is going to get damage.

UPdating to VW 10.1.2 will alert you when an instability is recognized - such as after printing - and tell you to close VW and save your document before the corruption takes place.

So my advice - update to VW 10.1.2 to semi-alleviate the problem.

quote:

Originally posted by cacamote:

Katie, under OSX the HPDJ100 works fine, but I found out its drivers can cause some kind of conflict wit VW10. After I print the application quits and it damages the file. When I try to open it again I get a message saing that the file is damage and the application quits again. Since VW is the only application that does this I guess there is some problem with it.

Do you think updating the firmware on the plotter may fix this problem? I have had the plotter for a few weeks now and I didn't understand why the files I was working on where all damage. Now every time I want to print something I have to do a copy of the file and print the copy because I know it is going to get damage.

Sorry for that last non?post. What I wanted to say was that I have also experienced cacamote's problem about VW quitting and corrupting files as well. I am printing to a HP DesignJet 120nr with the driver 2.2, under OSX 10.2.6.

I would add that I am running VW10.1.2 and it does not warn of any instability prior to crashing.

Please help, it's one thing for an app to quit?but corrupting files is a whole different level of problem.

Have you gone and gotten inforamtion about the application ensuring it's VW version 10.1.2?

Have you also run Disk Utlities First Aid recently?

If the crash is happeneing way outside of VW .. beyond what it can detect .. we can't address that. Running Disk Utility First Aid can fix that though.

The new prompt in VW as of version 1012 is something we are utilizing to track down some problems we've encountered. There is a possibility of an instability in the OS after printing causing this problem. We are currently working with apple to identify the problem.

If you want, you can send all of this information to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net (include OS, version of VW, printer, printer driver, whether it's connected to your computer or over a network - especially if you are using firewire or airport, etc).

They can keep track of these instances so we have an idea of how often this happens.