Disappearing Text

Emma Nolan

Question

I'm using Vectorworks 10.1.0 and have had lots of trouble with text showing up on screen but then not printing. It's not every piece of text in the page, just some. The first time we solved it buy modifying the switch symbol from the symbol library, by removing a locus point. Today the problem occured again exactely the same way, but we fixed it by removing callout objects that had been duplicated and replacing them with new. However we now are avoiding using both the switch symbol and the callout objects. I'm curious as to what the similarities between the switch symbol, which I think may have been a plug-in object, and the callouts are. Each time this happens we spend half the day investigating the possible causes of the problem, and it's very frustrating.

We're using A HP Design Jet 600, Mac OS 10.2.4, Vectorworks 10.1.0 and that's all the more I know.

Help! Please, no more disappearing text!

Emma Nolan

Gardner Architects.

4 answers to this question

Are some text objects showing up while others aren't?

DO you notice any garbled lines or anything else that is messy on the print out?

If you click on Preview before printing, are the same objects missing that are missing in the print out?

Some text objects do show up (leading us to think that a particular object in a certain area might be causing the problem), and typically the objects that are missing are the same ones each time we try to print. As far as garbled text, If we print with the HP nothing is garbled, but occasionally, and not consistantly, if someone tries to print a portion of the document on our smaller, Rihco 1015 printer, it does garble text. As far as preview, I don't know since we don't typically use that feature.

emma

Some text objects do show up (leading us to think that a particular object in a certain area might be causing the problem), and typically the objects that are missing are the same ones each time we try to print. As far as garbled text, If we print with the HP nothing is garbled, but occasionally, and not consistantly, if someone tries to print a portion of the document on our smaller, Rihco 1015 printer, it does garble text. As far as preview, I don't know since we don't typically use that feature.

emma