Sign in to follow this  
whitecap

printng not as prieviewed

Question

hi

i am running windos 2000pro, vw arch 9.5.2 w/an hp 1220c, w/ the driver reccomended by katie just a few months back.

trying to print to 11x17 format. in printer prefrences, set to 11x17. in print set up(vw), set up to 11x17 at 100%. preview,the gray print border all looks good, as i want it to look.

when it actually prints the printed material is off to left edge of landscape setiing using about 50%-65% of page.

any ideas?

10 answers to this question

also, preferences in printer set to grayscale, and black+white in vw preferences but still printing in yellowish green; from the yellow light sources i presume. but still i should be seeing black,gray and white? right?

i'll just be waitin' til somebody throws me a bone. i tried changing color of the light source and that cured the color. but that still seems like a workaround to me.

i also have combed the archives and print current view sounds like it might also be a work around. except i cannot find or figure out how to do this. [Frown][Frown][Frown]

Do you have Print Current View checkmarked in the Print dialog box?

If you do, turn it off.

Also, go to the Page menu> Set Print area.

What do you have set for the size??

If this is set to anything other than ONE PAGE, that may be a part of the problem.

This should almost always be set to One Page.

Another thing -- GO to File>Print.

Then click on the Properties button.

Click on the Advanced Tab.

What do you have set for all the settings?

well katie,

while i am not always impressed with this product i AM ALWAYS impressed with you! i had set the print set up, printer preferences, document preferences, all correctly but i had yet to go into properties>features through the vw file>print path. apperently there were a few stones unturned yet. ok! thanks, i was starting to look amteruish to both myself and potential clinents.

but...........

what about the black and white issue. i am set to b+w in document preferences, grayscale in printing preferences also. is there somewhere else i need to go?

hi katie,

yes it's yellowish green and it runs two seperate cartridges. one color and one black.

Does it print black text or lines in any other application?

Have you tried cleaning the heads of the cartridges?

Is everything printing in the yellowish-green?

Do you have a black ink cartridge, or do you have 3 color cartridges?

katie,

it does print black text and lines in other apps. i haven't looked into cleaning cartridges because of the black printing. please keep trying.

jeff

You are 100% sure you have everything set to black and white or greyscale in the Page Setup all places possible and in Print .. right?

There is an option for Grayscale and Sepia. Make sure grayscale is selected and not sepia.

Sepia would explain the green-yellow tint.

[ 03-05-2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

i went back through all the possible routes to set black +white/grayscale, both in vectorworks paths and hp printer paths.

in vw>file>printer setup the grayscale was not turned on. it appeared to be but a further menu investigation proved otherwise. my bad! sorry.

interestingly though the sheet sizes which we had been through, thourghly, in one instance hsd reverted to 8.5x11. i would have thought this would remain as set.

i have burned enough of your time. the moral of my story here is DOUBLE CHECK every setting before you print. at least now,thanks to you, i understand a more thourough way to do this.

thanks again.

jeff