Printing in Mac OS 10.2.4/VW 9.5.3

rickim

Question

I am unable to print an 8.5" x 11" landscape document. Page set-up indicates that everything is set-up to do so but once I print the print box flips 90? and I get a skewed document. This happens whether I preview, save as a PDF, or print to an HP or Epson Printer.

ANy ideas?

10 answers to this question

I just got an Epson 2200 and found I had the same problem. I'm using VW 9.5.3.

Once installed and layout and preferences sorted through I have had no problems, but I have only just started to use it.

Gimp Print, found at versiontracker.com and at

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/index.php3

seem to have corrected the problem, once installed as a substitute for the Epson Driver.

BTW, Gimp Print won't work thru a firewire cable yet. USB is fine, though it wouldn't find my now unused Photo EX using serial through a Keyspan USB converter.

HTH,

jon

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running VW 9.5.3 on Mac OS 10.2.4. I tried other applications and they print fine, so it seems to be a VW related problem. It's happening with my Epson Photo 870, Epson Stylus C80 and in print preview as a pdf file. What is the Gimp driver and is that the only work around?

Same problem here. I have a Epson 2200 (new as of a week ago) and am running VW 10.1.2 in OS X 10.2.6. The page set-up command allows me to see a proper page set-up for "US B (11x17) landscape" but, when I print, the page prints as if the page set-up was for "A4 portrait" -- indeed that is what shows as my page set-up after the file has been sent to print.

What do you have set for the page size when you go to Page>Set Print Area?

As Kurt mentioned, there are known problems with certain printers and USB ports.

If the problem doesn't go away with Kurts suggestion and making sure the page size is set to ONE PAGE in Page>Set Print area - contact Epson.

I have the same problem:

For example, in page setup, I enter "Landscape 8-1/2x11, 50% ", say OK, and the gray box on the drawing is adjusted properly. Then when I go to print, no matter what option I select ("print", "save as pdf" or even "preview") the gray box flips back to portrait position, and the resultant hardcopy comes out that way.

This is using VW 9.5.2. in Mac OS10.2.1,

By the way, I was having similar problems with VW9.5.2 on OS9, plotting with MacPlot. I have since switched to .pdf writer (shareware http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.html), and get fabulous results.

But in OS10, no such luck, as the pdf writer is built in to the system, and the print-to-pdf software I've been using cannot be installed on OS10.

I can't believe this hasn't come up for more users. Has the issue been addressed in VW10?

Tom Miller