Oce TDS400 PS Plotting 10.2.3?!?

Josh Schulman

Question

I am running OS 10.2.3 on a 12" PowerBook G4 and I cannot plot to the plotter in my building (an Oce TDS400 PS). I used to have an IBook running OS 10.2.2 and could print fine. I used connect to the plotter via my LPR port in PrintCenter. My computer tries to connect and eventually stops trying to send the file. Any thoughts?

Josh Schulman

3 answers to this question

John,

Does the same exact file print fine from OS 10.2.2 or was that test done with a different file?

Can you print from another application while hooked up to the printer with the same settings?

[ 02-10-2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Josh,

I had the same problem when I updated to 10.2.3.( could not print from TDS400 or our Konica print center)

The problem lies in the PPD code for the printer driver, relating to the default roll setting. For some reason this Bug was missed by Apple in the 10.2.3 release, I'm not sure if it has been fixed in 10.2.4

To solve this you must change some of the code in the oce PPD file "OCTD4004.ppd".

You can open the file up in TextEdit and make the relevant changes (see below)

*% ========== 5.14 Media Selection ==========================================================

*OpenUI *InputSlot: PickOne

*OrderDependency: 50.1 AnySetup *InputSlot

*DefaultInputSlot: Roll1

*InputSlot Roll1/Roll 1: "<< /MediaPosition 1>> setpagedevice"

*InputSlot Roll2/Roll 2: "<< /MediaPosition 2 >> setpagedevice"

*InputSlot ManualFeed/Manual Feed: "<< /ManualFeed true >> setpagedevice"

*?InputSlot: "currentpagedevice /ManualFeed get {(ManualFeed)}

{ (Slot) print currentpagedevice /InputAttributes get /Priority get 0 get 9 string cvs}

ifelse ="

*End

*CloseUI: *InputSlot

After you make the changes replace old PPD file with your new one, go to PrintCentre and reconfigure the printer with the new PPD file and all should work.

If it still doesn't work for you, post your email address here and I will send you my oce PPD file for the TDS400