PRINTING

bruce johansen

Question

This printer driver is not fully carbon compatible.

It's carbon compatible in that it can print a letter size sheet, but it cannot print anything larger than this.

You will notice this exact same beahviour when printing larger than a letter sheet size in any carbonized application under OS 9.

4 answers to this question

let me rephrase my concern.when i print to my deskjet 1220c with driver 4.3. from spotlight vw 9.5.3 i don't have access to the tabloid size sheet:

that is to say: i can select it in page set up, make sure that it is tabloid size in vw page size and move a tabloid size sheet in my drawing to print what i want, but when i call the print function voila! in the bottom section of the print dialogue it tells me that i have selected a US letter size page. and i don't have this problem when i print tabloid size from the other program i use ( MC lux pro V 2)

AND if my memory serves me right, this whole thing was a none issue until i when 9.5.1-9.5.2 9.5.3 carbon lib greater than 1.4

SYSTEM OS9.2 ON G-4, DESKJET 932C AND 1220C.VW 9.5.3

WITH HP DRIVER 4.3 IF I PRINT ON THE 932 I GET COLOR,

IF I PRINT ON THE 1220, I CAN GET COLOR ONLY IN LETTER FORMAT. IF I WANT TABLOID FORMAT IT GIVES ME LETTER FORMAT. I CAN'T GET IT TO GIVE ME TABLOID EVEN AFTER I CHOSE TABLOID IN PAGE SET UP (99.9% OF THE TIME).

IF I USE THE HP DRIVER 3.2 I GET TABLOID FORMAT BUT NO COLOR. [Confused]

Printing from Print Preview is an OS related issue.

What I meant in my last statement is, this printer driver, 4.3 is not fully carbon compatible. It will not print anything larger than a letter sheet size. If you have another carbonized application, you will notice the same behavior.

Is the other mentioned application a carbonized application??

Obviously this is an HP issue with carbonized applications and not a direct VW issue. Especially if one printer driver is working half the time and the other one only works with one sheet size.

As stated before, we have tested this problem in house with other carbonized applications and notice the same behavior in those applications.