Problem pinting with HP800PS and G4

Mike Sifford

Question

I'm having problems printing with the following system.

G4 1.25mhz 1.5gig OSX 10.2.3

VW 9.5.3

HP800PS native OSX driver

In page seup I'm using "custom paper size" and "any printer" so that I can get the size paper that I need. The sizes that are available when selecting "HP800PS" in the format for: field are useless!

To get landscape prints I have to setup as portrait in page setup and rotate 90 deg at the plotter. Thats crazy!

Is anyone using an HP800PS with VW and OSX ?

Thanks for the help in advance!

2 answers to this question

You should be able to create a custom page size when selecting the HP 800ps in the Page Setup dialgo box.

That information is pulled from the driver information. If the printer doesn't have adequate page sizes for your usages, that's the printer drivers' deal, not VW.

You should still be able to select/create a custom page size for printing purposes. Keep in mind, you will still need to leave room for the margin space so some true page sizes might not be able to be met.

In the "Print Dialog" there is a checkbox for "Rotate", and you can save different setups for the print dialog settings.

In OS X, it does not seem to matter whether you describe the page as 24" x 36" or 36" x 24", the HP Driver always sees it in portrait orientation, so to get a landscape plot, you must check the "Rotate" box.

In our office, we save a Print Dialog setup with the "Optimized for CAD" box and the "Rotate" box checked.

When we print to the plotter, and want Landscape orientation, we choose this preset before clicking on "Print".

Of course, the exception to this is if you are hand feeding media in Landscape orintation you do not check the rotate box. You only check it for roll fed media.

Hope this helps,

PeterT