printing error

rcarch

Question

i was trying to plot some drawings today and ran into this beauty:

"cant open PSStream for stdoutERROR:pictwpstops-got an error closing PSStream=-50"

Plotting to a HP800PS from VW9.5.3 thru Mac OSX 10.2.3

The file was working fine until one of my interns exported some jpeg renderings from RW, and brought them into the file (not sure how they did this, ie: import or cut/paste). this actually occured in two separate files undergoing the same type of work. I have deleted all the raster files, but nothing has changed.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks in advance.

[ 01-11-2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: rcarch ]

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks katie,

Yes we did have presets. I deleted them, deleted the 800ps from printcenter, added it again, tried printing from VW using standard, got the error message. I can print from every other piece of software on my computer. I looked at the HP site but their solution doesn't work (i.e. delete presets and print from standard). I rang HP and they are of the view that since i can print from all other software that the problem lies with VW.

posted 07-28-2003 11:16 AM ??? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ??

The clear print settings is only availble for OS 9 in VW 10.1.0 and earlier. VW 10.1.2 can run the script native in OS 10

We dont have VW 10. We are running VW 9.5.3 in OSX 10.2.6. Is there anyway to run the script? Is it possible to get VW 9.5.3 to run in classic mode without VW running in demo mode. Demo mode means we cant save or print, so there's no way to see if the script worked!

[ 07-28-2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: ga ]

Any application will run in classic mode.

If you've run the script under OS 10, that's probably why the script hasn't fixed the problem for you.

If you have a dongle version, you'll need to install the dongle drivers under OS 9 to get it out of demo mode.

To have an application launch in classic, get info about the application and selet Open with classic.

[ 07-28-2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Austin,

You are right, I didn't not clarify that only carbon applications can open in Classic. Sorry for that confusion.

You should always be able to check mark Open in Classic or remove the check mark on VW. If you can't, it is possible the version is a demo version or perhaps the viewer. THat is also not available if VW is open and running.