pdf file fails to show GL rendering

Erik Buijs

Question

Hello,

I am working with VW 9.5.1 on WIN95 and I have just tried to make a PDF file from my drawing.

Therefore I print the file to a Adobe 4.0 PDF-writer. The drawing consists some different layers, including a 3D view in Open GL. And that is the problem: The Open GL rendering shows completely BLACK on the PDF file. (Printing the same file on a HP4500PS printer was perfect)What can I do to make a proper PDF?

2 answers to this question

Erik, I'm a MAC user, so I dont know for sure, but it could be that the software you are using (Windows 95 and Acrobat 4) are too old and cannot understand or support all the elements in the more recent version of VW's. You could possibly test this by saving backwards (from 9 to 8 in VW's) and trying the pdf again. In any case, good luck and Happy Holidays. Peter

Eric,

I had the same problem and in order to make the rendering appear in a PDF you need to use Acrobat Distiller and not the PDF Writer. Distiller handles complicated images where as the Writer is mainly for creating PDFs from text. I am currently using version 5.0 but I am not sure if Distiller is included in version 4.0.