printing

SMBD

Question

10 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

ARe you using driver version 2.1 released Nov 27th, 2.0 or the one built into windows xp?

orig. when I contacted you, driver built into windows xp. I have just down loaded an updated driver from hp ref hpsfx32 v1. this has made no diff, still only single copy printed!

Hi,

Two offices which I support are having this same issue: HP Deskjet 1220c, using the built-in windows XP driver not able to print multiple pages. However, we cannot use the v2.1 driver, as this crashes VW 10 everytime we print.

I don't know if the crashing issue has been fixed in VW 10.1.0 from 10.0.0 or 10.0.1, so I may try that soon.

The main network that I have tried this on has consisted of about 20 Win2k SP3 machines, 3 WinXP SP1 machines, and a DeskJet 1220C through a 3 port JetDirect box, connected via IPX/SPX

Many thanks for any assistance...

Ronan

P.S. We are also suffering from the many DesignJet 500 problems, but I won't go into them...

You will need to download the 2.1 version printer driver from HP.com.

Crashing and printing only one page at a time are two things addressed by this new driver.

You need to completely remove the old printer setup in the printers folder BEFORE installing this new driver and setting it up.

This is HP's suggested fix for the mentioned problems.

The 2.1 driver isn't at Hp anymore. If you want this driver, email me and I can email it to you.

If you are on XP - it's fine to just remove the printer by doing the way you describe.

If you are on Win NT or 2k, or Win 98/ME - you'll need to refer to HP's instructions for removing the driver using their scrubber utility.

They can be found on HP's website or by contacting them.

tech@nemetschek.net?subject=ATTN:Katie

[ 05-01-2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]