Printing Problems

sullymon64

Question

7 answers to this question

Tim,

How much memory do you have in your computer?

Do you have any other applications running?

In the lower right hand corner of the screen by the clock, how many icons do you have?

Generally when you get a blank page, it's a memory related problem. RenderWorks rendered files are generally larger than OpenGL files, thus explaining why printing in OpenGL rendered mode may work for you. There is a chance it could be something else, but it's hard to say at the moment.

As a test, draw a cube or extruded circle or something and render it in RenderWorks. Then try to print it. This will determine if it's RenderWorks causing the problem - if it were, this file would only print a blank sheet also.

I have 192K of Ram and a 60G hard drive with a P2 processor running win 98. I tried your suggestion with the same results. I dont get a printer error, but it is as if nothing is sent to the printer as it quickly shoots the paper out and announces that the printing is complete. Thanks in advance for any help. Tim

To Sullymon64

Re: landscape printing.

Your thread on landscape printing with HP plotters has vanished but I found the following this morning on the VersionTracker announcement for gimp-print-4.2.4.

"# Transverse versions of the US CAD standard paper sizes (ArchA, ArchB, ArchC, ArchD, and ArchE) have been added. This permits printing e. g. ArchD size (24x36) plots on 36 inch wide paper."

That is one of the fixes for the latest release of gimp-print (gimp-print-4.2.4) that has been added since 4.2.4-rc1.

Yes.

If you only have 192 mb of RAM on the computer, you shouldn't have that many programs running in the background on Win 98. Win 98 is poor at managing memory. Every extra thing running that isn't necessary, will cause memory related problems.

Do you know how to edit the msconfig.sys file?