Page Orientation Switches with Printing

Serena

Question

I have V10.0.0 Vectorworks an EpsonC82 printer with updated driver and a MacG4. I have the page set up just the way I want it and when I hit "print" I then watch the page orientation switch 90 degrees and I get a bad print. I've tried with the document size at size A and at other and with the page set up rotation in all directions. If I open up a new file it seems to work fine.

11 answers to this question

Go to File Page setup. Select the page size, printer and portrait or landscape (based on the images there in the box).

Then go to the Page Menu. Select Set Print Area.

Make sure the size drop down box is set to ONE PAGE. (Scroll up to see it).

You should see the grey print boundary box update to allow for margin space in the correct oreintation specified in the Page Setup box.

Make sure your drawing is INSIDE of the grey print boudnary box. If it's not inside, whatever it outside will not print.

Hi: I have still not been able to print successfully in landscape format. I spoke to Nemetchek and went through it over the phone and they suggested that it was the Epson C82 printer driver that was causing the problem. I spent hours with Epson to no avail, but we did do something that points to Vectorworks in OS X as being the problem. We rebooted in System nine and opened up a file in Vectorworks 9. The printing was perfect. Any ideas? There must be others out there with the same problem as I purchased the C82 due to its very high rating in MacWorld Mag. Thanks

Serena, Try the GIMP PRINT driver instead of the one from epson (who, in my opinion writes pretty bad drivers for their own printers, just like HP!) I went to the GIMP PRINT site and found your printer listed as "fully operational" which is their highest rating. Here's a link to their site: GIMP PRINT and follow the directions found there. They also have a users manual in PDF that is very easy to understand. Good Luck. Peter

Kevin,

In my case, which had nothing to do with VW's, we (the support person at Apple and I), were trying to figure out why an iBook 14.1 would not re-boot after an OS upgrade from 10.1.x to 10.2. At first we thought for sure it was a hardware issue as we could not even boot from the Jaguar install disk. She had me reset the PRAM and something else (which I am afraid I've forgotten!) by taking the battery out and holding down a combination of keys for ten seconds. Then, lo & behold, we were able to get the thing to boot from the install disk. At that point she advised me to do a "clean" install. Now everything seems to be working fine. A little time consuming but not as bad as sending the machine in for repairs...

Peter