Line Weight 1

Cloud Hidden

Question

I continue having problems making objects with a line weight of 1 print adequately on a new Xante 11 x 17 laser. The objects are the residential appliances (stove, frig) and the furniture (beds, sofas). I've selected them, noted the class, and changed the default class line weight to 6. I've also selected each object and changed its individual line weight to 6. Each is also set to black, though they seem to print gray. Neither makes a difference with these, though the same action helped with plumbing fixtures. What is it about these objects that they won't print anything but a thin, gray line even though 6, black _seems_ to be specified?

5 answers to this question

You're right. I get it now. Thanks. Though it does seem an inefficient way to have to work. Gotta print everything out to see which ones are light on a Laser, and then individually select and edit, on each and every project.

Any shortcuts to this process? I'm not familiar enough with VW yet to see my way through all the possibilities of symbols, scripts, and whatever else is in this endless product.

Trivia Question...Since you select these things from the Object Browser, why are they Symbols and not Objects, and why don't you Edit Object rather than Edit Symbol? These are the things that could keep one awake at night! :)