Line weights/Printing problem

Gerard

Question

Hello All!

I'm using VW 9.5.1 on a Mac, and am new to the VW program, having learned CAD on CADAM years ago.

I've inherited a bunch of existing drawings at a new company, and I'm having trouble changing the line weights of the drawings. In some drawings, the line weights are mixed, light and heavy, and some drawings the object lines are all light.

My problem seems to be that I can't figure out (using the VW manual as reference), how to change them, en masse. I'd like to get to a normal drafting convention of heavy object lines and light dimension lines, but it seems I can't change either!

Any ideas?

Printing on HP Laserjet 4 and HP Inkjet 1220.

Thanks!

Gerard

1 answer to this question

Gerad, You can change them via the class assignments or you can change the objects individually.

With an object selected, go to the Attributes Palette and change the pen weight.

To change it by class, go to the classes set up dialog box. (Organize> Classes...)Select the class you want to change and click on EDIT. Check mark "Use at Creation" and set the pen thickness to the desired setting. When you click on OK and OK again you will be prompted if you want to chnage the attributes of objects already created. Select Yes.