EPS messes up my fills

matt_vinoir

Question

When i used archicad, it would export as an eps and be clear and shrap in in design for printing.

However with vw it seems to slice up fills and the hole image quality isn't that great. I'm told i can save as an image fill with very high res. Is this really an option. Is the only answer to get who ever is printing to download the vw viewer to print direct vw files with my presentation on it?

2 answers to this question

Matt,

To create an EPS of a VectorWorks file for our consultant to open in Illustrator, we ignore the Vectorworks Export EPSF and instead, use our PostScript printer driver to create the EPS.

The VectorWorks export is low resolution, but when done with the PostScript driver the output is high resolution.

On Mac OS9, we just send the file to our LaserWriter using either the LaserWriter 8 driver or the AdobePS driver, and in the print dialog, choose the destination as "file" rather than "printer".

We set up the "Save as File" options (LaserWriter 8) or "Postscript Settings" (Adobe PS) for "EPS Enhanced Preview","PostScript Level 1", "ASCI Data format", and "Font Inclusion: None".

Then just click the "Save" button and it's done.

I have never done this in OSX or on a Windows machine, but I imagine it is similar.

Hope this helps,

PeterT

right, but is that a file that yo can send to a third party publishing package or a direct printing technique? I'm a bit lst. Post script is a word i hear but don't know what it is.

IS it just a normal file i can open up in in design? Is it to the same scale? This last point is obviously important and also a problem for me.Pdf's printed from acrobat reader are the most popular way at my uni so i don't want to rock the boat by being akward. It's very much an archicad uni so i'm not with the in crowd! If only they new!