Print Area Resizing A to D, Need Help

Bill Turpin

Question

I am an Vectorworks Newby of about 7 full hours. Where as I am an ACAD/MDT - Solid Works CAD Designer of several years. I am having extream difficulty in attempting to print out a drawing that was done in A-Size format in a plotter D-Size.The plotter is an HP Design Jet 800.

So far I can print an A-Size or a D-Size that was created in those files sizes. But so far I am unable to figure out how to resize an A into a D and D to an A.

5 answers to this question

You need to go into Page Setup and select the page size you wish to print as. Then you may need to go to the Page menu, and select Set Print Area. Make sure this is set to "One Page" (Scroll up to see it).

If you are on a Mac running os 8 or 9, make sure you have Carbon Lib 1.6 installed.

Bill,

Once you set the page size in Page Setup, then go to the Page menu and select One Page from the Size drop down box. This will give you one page as the print boundary box. If you specify anything other than One Page here, you may be shown page breaks (if checkmarked).

Katie was Right,(Must be a PC thing verse a MAC) I finally have a decent drawing printed out, The page, set print area worked great. I use ACAD/MDT & Solid Works on a regular basis, I was scratching my head most of yesterday trying to get a good print out.

I thank you all for your help.