Page Setup not being recognised in VW9.5

losolin

Question

I have 2 files which I am plotting to files and converting them to PDF files by distiller.

In VW9.5 they are placed on an ISO A0 sheet but are only 34% of proper size. I assume this setup information originates from a previous printing of the sheet onto a tabloid sheet via one of our laser printers.

If I open them using VW9.01 they plot to file correctly. The page setup info is identical in both versions when I check it. Even after I plotted the files from VW9.01 correctly and saved; the result of attempting to plot from VW9.5 is still incorrect.

In both cases they view fine from the VW application, but not so via the PDF file created from the PS file from VW9.5

My system is Mac OS 9.2.1

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: losolin ]

Finally a resolution to my problem after going through the Canadian distributor (Thank-You Paxar). I appears there were two issues here one which I noticed and mentioned later in this thread about the program crashing after causing a print manager error. This was identified as a VW bug which reacted badly with the CarbonLib and we hopfully can expect the fix to be implemented in the next VW update. The other issue appears to have been caused by VW9.01 corrupting the print/page set up info in the document file so that VW9.5.1/2 could not print the file correctly. A technician at Nemetschek was able to recover and repair my files. Hopefully they will incorporate a recover function/ utility into future versions of the program like a few other prominent software programs (eg Filemaker Pro, etc.)

Thanks to the people who were able to help.