RGB CMYK ??? PLEASE HELP

tblla

Question

I am a graphic artist with a landscape architecture firm located in Whistler BC, Canada and use Vector Works on a daily basis, currently we are working on a revision of the Whistler Area - Topographic & Street map that will be printed. We have finished the map (in Vector Works) and have submitted the files (as PDF's) to our printer and have been told that the files are RGB and they need to be CMYK for printing and that there will be a colour shift when printed with the current configuration. What we would like to know is, is there any way to set the colour for the document to CMYK? or what we can do to combat this.

any help you can provide with on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.jeremy burrowsjeremy@tblla.com

1 answer to this question

I know what you mean! In fact I also searched for a way to do that, but didn't find one. Maybe you can preset the RGB colours on your drawings in a way so they match with CMYK? I found a simple (and free) program to translate one to another, you can download it from: http://home.t-online.de/home/michael_weigand/rgb-cmyk.html

Though it is in German language, it is well understandable I think.