plotting problems

JeffR

Question

2 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by JeffR:
when i try to plot to my plotter design jet 1050c,anything that i have a fill pattern on, plots out solid black with no pattern just solid black can someone help ...send me an e-mail to Jeffr@showtimeexhibit.com

Thanx

Are you on a MAC or PC ?

Are you using MicroSpot or another ripping software (if on a mac) ?

If you're on a PC w/ Wn2K and having this problem you should look hard at your plotter driver. Back on 1/11/02 I posted my experience with the same problem. After much trial and error, I found that cleansing the drive of all previous drivers and reinstalling an earlier, more stable, version did the trick.Below is my final post to that old thread:

<<Just a note to update those interested in a fix for the Windows/HP Plotter problem(s)noted above.After several days of trial and error and help from VW and HP techs(HP tech support sets a high standard that others might try to equal), it seems that the newest HP driver(4.61) specified for Wn 2K Pro is in some way incompatible with VW 9.5. After purging all files related to previous HP drivers and related servers, we installed version 4.60(download file pl132en.exe) and all works well once again.Hope this helps others who wander into the same plotting morass.>>>