Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

scaling groups

BobD

Hello All,

I am copying groups from one layer to another layer and want to rescale the group to the scale of the target layer.

I want to do this as part of an existing PIO script. So far I can select the groups by using SelectObj((T=GROUP)), but when I issue the scale command, I get a message that no objects are selected. When the PIO completes, the groups are indeed selected.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bob D.

This may or may not help:

Procedure ReDraw invokes a screen redraw of newly created objects in the active VectorWorks document. If new objects are to be manipulated using procedures which operate on selected objects, a call to ReDraw should precede the selected object routines to ensure that all new objects are correctly identified.

ReDrawAll is also worth a shot.

A PIO has its own drawing environment and objects within it are not the same as in the sheet layers. The groups may be selected but are outside the scope of the PIO. When you call the scale function there are no objects drawn and consequently no objects selected within the PIO itself. I am not sure what you are trying to do but the scaling should be taken cared by the layer scale. The only time you would use the scale object function is if you want to change the dimensions of the object (i.e. from a 1" side square to a 0.5" side square)

Charles and Miquel,

Thanks for the explainations. Charles, always good to 'hear' from you. I will give the redraw/redrawall a shot. Miquel, I am trying to include groups on a drawing form which were created at a different scale than the drawing form, and I need them to not scale when I include them. Por ejemplo, I take a group from a layer that is scaled at 12 and include it on a drawing that is scaled at 20, the group is way small. Yes, I can use scale objects on it and scale the group at 20/12, but I was thinking about doing a number of them per drawing.

Best regards,

Bob