Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Dialog Builder 5

PeterT

O.K. What's with Dialog Builder 5?

How long has that been out? I stopped looking after several years of only finding Dialog Builder 4beta.

Happy to see a final version, but it does not run on my machine (Mac OS 10/VW 11.5.1).

I followed the installation instructions and dropped the plug-ins, workspace, and template in the appropriate folders and restarted VectorWorks.

But when I choose the DB5 workspace, and go to the DB5 menu, all the plug-ins are "not in the plug-ins folder", although they are.

Also, when I choose the DB5 Template file, it tells me it is an "Unrecognized File".

Is it possible that DB5 only works with VW12? These are all typical signs of a version problem, although the documentation says nothing about Version 12 only.

Anyone else had trouble with this?

P.S. DB4b ran fine on my mac, no problems.

[ 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: PeterT ]

I can now answer my own question after referring to the VectorScript List Archives. DB5 is VW12 only.

How difficult would in be for Nemetschek to mention anywhere, on the downloads page, or in the DB5 documentation, the version compatibility requirements?

Not to sound too negative, I do appreciate that someone took the time to update the Dialog Builder, I will just have to wait until we upgrade to VW 12 to use it.