Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

vectorworks/cinema4d exchange plugin

Hi,

I'm a brand new user so i must apologize if my question sounds idiot (and I'm not sure this is the correct discussion area so I'm also posting this msg on the installer section)...

HERE IT IS :

- I'm trying to install the VW/C4D exchange plugin.

- I've launch the installer (from maxon) it all went fine for C4D. I then have 3 files :.dll .dll and .RSR. I'm instructed to copy them in the VW plugin forlder, so i did it in C:/program files/vw/plug-ins. Then i'm suppose to edit my workspade and add the new command that should appear in the left part of the workspace editor under import/export... I do it but nothing's there...

Does anybody know if I'm suppose to install the file in so other way (i've hard copied them with copy past in the window's explorer)???

Thanks a lot.

Imt

Replied in the installation forum.

Welcome aboard.

Just to let you know whilst fellow users of Cinema, such as myself, on this VW forum are only to pleased to give you help if we can, it's not a plug in that Nemetschek supplies and any product support must be aimed at Maxon who supply the plug in, not the staff of Nemetschek who look in on this forum.

This is not a slur or failing on Nemetscheks part, they don't supply the plug in and only support products they make and supply, which is fair enough.

As regards Maxon Tech Support I've found them very helpful in the past and whilst they didn't create the plug in themselves do support it well and are honest about how they stand with it.

Alan

[ 06-25-2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: alanmac ]