Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Print Dialog

James Pitt

I am fairly new to developing vectorscript. One of the scripts I am required to produce involves switching between layers and printing, including printing to PDF. I have read multiple discussions regarding this. Currently I am at the point where I can invoke the print dialog, however I cannot control the options to select print to PDF and additionally I am not able to put the layername in as the name of the PDF. I understand there are some new features in Vectorworks 11 for batch printing, however our office is currently using Vectorworks 10 and the implementation of the new product will take some time. I can see the need to control dialog boxes (post invoking through domenutextbyname) will crop up time and time again. Is there anyway I can control the options through Vectorscript (v10)? Does vectorscript v11 offer the option to control dialog options? Can I use Pascal commands in a vectorscript to set these options or will I need an API? Can I create API's, and how?

Are there any advanced references guides that can be obtained which will help with this level of scripting?

I have obtained a copy of the applescript 2 program that was written to batch print to PDF, which I am sure will be very helpful in the short term, however although we have both Mac & Windows versions, our department runs purely on PC. I have had a quick look at Windows scripting options and it totally confused me. Any recommendations on this approach?

I am happy to learn entirely new languages to perfect these scripts, so time to develop automation in Vectorworks is secondary to the completion of the project.

Any help greatly appreciated.

James Pitt