Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Reading the active font

I have a linear plug-in object that draws an object with some text near it. When I select this object and change the font from the main menu, the font doesn't update in real time. I have to deselect the item, change the font, reselect the item and then resize it to get the script to recalculate with the new font.

The function I'm unable to find in the reference is one that reads the current active font and allows me to apply it to the selected object...or at least I could use an understanding of what happens to a selected object when the font menu is changed from one font to another. Basically, I want to select my linear plug-in object, go to the font menu, change the font, and have my item updated at that time. Anybody know which function I'm missing?

[ 10-08-2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: tom kyler ]

Tom,

Do you set the font face from within your script? I have seen PIO's accept color, font face and size changes by selecting the PIO and using menu options to apply them, but you may have a problem if your script sets them explicitly.

Also, what properties are set for the PIO? The one I examined had the RESET button highlighted with no checkboxes selected.

Raymond

• 2 weeks later...