Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

GetPluginChoiceIndex

John Gr

I'm not sure about your first question.

You can change OIP values from within a PIO, but the code has to finish executing to see its effect.

When the PIO code starts, the OIP values are copied to memory and essentially become constants for that iteration of the code. New values can be written to the record where the OIP stores information, but they will not be reflected in the OIP window until after the script stops. Depending on how you write your script, this may or may not be an issue.

I played for a day with a script that wrote data to the OIP until I figured out the interaction and the sequence of events. I was able to get what I wanted, but it was anything but easy.

To write to a PopUp menu in the OIP, you just need to set it to one of the choices already in the menu.

Use:

SetRField(objHand, objName, 'PopUpFieldName', 'yourPopUpValue');

to set the value.

You can get the objHand and objName values from:

GetCustomObjectInfo(objName, objHand, recHand, wallHand);

"objName" is the PIO name AND the name of the record that defines the PIO values, as you might hope it would be.

I'd write more, but I'd only be guessing at what I think you might want to know. If you can be a little more specific, I, or someone else on this board can tell you a whole lot more.

HTH,

Raymond

[ 10-09-2004, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: MullinRJ ]