Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Custom Tool with TEXT

Clay

A custom tool script does not select any tool, it just sets the defaults/attributes for the tool(s) to whatever they were when you saved the script.

Are you saying it is not doing this?

It works fine for text defaults on my Mac running VW 10.5 on OS 10.3.

Have you tried option double clicking the script to open it up and see how it reads? Is it calling out a particular font size, style, etc.?

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Clay:

I am using VW Architect 10 for MAC OSX.

The Custom Tool commands work, but not for text. It neither selects the tool, nor provides the styles selected. Even when I select the text tool before selecting the custom tool command it does not work.

What can be done?

Hi Clay and Peter,

Peter, Custom Tool/Attributes can call tools for you, it just doesn?t work with the Text Tool.

Text styles and font/size seem to work OK for me as Custom Tool/A scripts, but I have noticed the Text Tool issue and complained to no avail.

It seems to be a bug/limitation of the VectorScript CallTool() and SetTool() procedures.{Please see how I changed my mind at the end of this thread}

Inside scripts the procedures, with the proper selector code for the Text Tool, do not work as expected {Please see how I changed my mind at the end of this thread} and to the common user interface it reflects as a grayed checkbox at the Custom Tool/Attributes command panel.

best regards,

Alexandre

[ 11-06-2004, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Alexandre B A Villares ]

Alexandre,

What Am I missing here?

The following script sets th font to Geneva, 18 pt, bold(on my local machine), and selects the text tool:

code:

Procedure CustTool;

VAR

Name:STRING;

Result:BOOLEAN;

BEGIN

TextFont(3);

TextSize(18);

TextFace([bold]);

TextSpace(2);

TextJust(1);

SetTool(-200)

END;

Run(CustTool);

[/code]

As a stand alone script it seems to work as expected. Are you saying that if used as a sub-routine in a larger script it would fail?

• 2 weeks later...