Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Vectorscript Language Reference

Does anybody know if there is any other vectorscript language reference apart for the NNA Help.

I find it is a bit sparse for an intermediate user wanting to go a bit further with scripting. Ie. Dialog building etc.

I would find it a great help if I could view an example code for a particular procedure, copy and paste to do what ifs in the script editor.

If there is another intermediate scripter out there that would like to share ideas I would be keen to make contact.

John Greaney

Auckland

New Zealand

[Cool]

[ 07-24-2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: John Gr ]

I would like to see examples of all the procedures in the function reference Guide.

I have used dialog Builder with differing results but it does give you the basics. Dialog Builder must be about 3 or 4 years old now and is a beta version. I wonder when it will become a final release?

There are two manuals that may help you: the "Language Guide" and the "Function Reference".

If you choose "Help" menu command in VW and then click "VectorScript Guide" in the contents pane you will see the guide which describes many aspects of VectorScript language. To see the Function Reference, click "Intro to VectorScript" and then click the link in the middle of that page and it will take you to "VSFunctionReference.html". (This is also available on our website).

I understand that some functions are better documented that others. Some have sample code, but many do not. I am working on improving the documentation and appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff