Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

hextrude oddity?

It seems as though hextrude assumes that you're working in top view. If you're in front or side views, hextrude extrudes differently than calling the Extrude menu command, which recognizes the view. That doesn't make sense to me. It's not always convenient to use the menu command in a script, but hextrude isn't doing what I need. Is this in fact true? Is this the way it's supposed to be? Does it still work this way in VW11? Can you think of a convenient workaround to extrude an object created in front/side view?

quote:

Originally posted by Cloud Hidden:

It seems as though hextrude assumes that you're working in top view. If you're in front or side views, hextrude extrudes differently than calling the Extrude menu command, which recognizes the view. That doesn't make sense to me. It's not always convenient to use the menu command in a script, but hextrude isn't doing what I need. Is this in fact true? Is this the way it's supposed to be? Does it still work this way in VW11? Can you think of a convenient workaround to extrude an object created in front/side view?

Hi,

I don?t see why it should be different from the traditional BeginXtrd/EndXtrd procedures that make you rotate your extrude afterwards (it ignores view state).

code:

BeginXtrd(0,W);	

ClosePoly;

Poly(0,0, E,E, L-E,E, L,0 );

Poly(0,A, E,A-E, L-E,A-E, L,A );

Poly(0,0, E,E, E,A-E, 0,A );

Poly(L,0, L-E,E, L-E,A-E, L,A );

EndXtrd;

H:=LNewObj;

Set3DRot(H,90,0,0,0,0,0);

Move3DObj(H, X, W+Y, Z);
[/code]