Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Printed list of available tools?

Greetings,

I'm just at the point of starting to do some VS (or any script :-O ) for the first time.

The only reference I have is the "Customised Solutions" manual which came with VW8.5. Things have changed a little I understand, and many new "tools" (procedures etc) have been added.

BTW, it seems (to my bleary eyes) that that VW has provided a remarkably powerful and (relatively) easy to use tool set here!

What I would like is a print-out of the "chunks" of code, and the explanation of what they do, that appears in the VS Editor. Looking at each, one by one in the nasty little window (I told you my eyes are bleary) is a nuisance, but mostly, being ignorant, I'd like to be able to refer to what commands etc are available to help my learning.

And, of course, read them in bed at night before drifting off to sleep. :-)

Is there a current, printable listing available?

cheers,

N.

Welcome to the game!

I think you should look on this site under support>customization>vectorscript>documentation.Here you will find a downloadable HTML function reference which probably can be printed out in one form or another.It has a couple of ways to view the list.

When I'm scripting I usually have it open in a browser window.

You'll also find some example scripts in this area that can be illuminating.Vectordepot is another good source of things to examine.Looking at working scripts and understanding (or at least trying to) what's going on is a great way to get started.

One thing that helped me a lot (I started with no code writing experience) is an introduction to Pascal. There are some differences between this and v-script,but for understanding basics of arrays,loops and logic it may be helpful.The syntax is pretty much the same.Such books are readily and cheaply available at a decent used book store.

The other thing that continues to help me is this forum.

See you around.