Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

setVSresourcefile ?

I cannot get setVSResourceFile to find the resource file that I am looking for. Is the default path for this call the VW folder or is it the desktop? What kind of file is the resource file supposed to be? I'm looking to put an image that is created in VW into a custom dialog box? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found out where the file is supposed to go and according to SetVSResource file VW can see the file. However I'm still not getting the image out of the file. What type of resource does the image have to be. How do I call a particular image within the resource file for it to show up in my dialog as an image pane?

Yes my file has the correct extension. SetVSresourcefile returns true so it is able to open the file. I'm just not able to get the image to show up!? I don't know if the image inside the rsrc file is supposed to be a PICT or a CRS or what. I've created the rsrc files using ResEdit. I just can't figure out the format I'm supposed to create the image in. Or am I missing some call? I used Dialog Builder 4 to try and put an image in and it is using the same calls as I am and still does not show an image.

Alright I figured it out. The resource file must be in your plug-ins folder. The resource file must contain PICT files. The data field of CreateControl item must be the ID number of the image within the resource file.

What a rash! It would be nice if this was documented in the vectorscript help!

Thanks for everyones input,

Dave