Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

How to hide a worksheet?

G Kinney

Help please. Im Using VectorScript for VW10. MAC.

Basicly I want to do the oppositte of CreateWSImage. I want to rename an exisitng worksheet that is displayed on the sheet to another name, so as to keep a record of the old data. Then hide that worksheet, as its outdated data. Then recreate a new worksheet using the original name with entirely updated data, and display that worksheet in its place. Everything I script won't hide the original sheet (renamed 'sheet.old'), and won't display the new sheet (of the Original name). In the resource pallet the 'Sheet.old' worksheet is listed as "ShowOnDrawing" and the new one is not? Is there a method to Hide a worksheet?

I was able to solve the issue by using named objects for my Worksheets instead of the actual resourse name of the worksheets. Thanks to Fuge on a different worksheet post.

A note though... I dont like having to use named objects inside scripts. As projects grow and further tools are adopted, makes more to keep track of. This should be fixed by VW. [smile]

If you have a handle to the worksheet, you can pass it to GetWSImage to get the image node and then delete the image node. This will change the "on drawing" state.

theImage := GetWSImage(theWorksheet);

SetSelect(theImage);

DeleteObjs;

Jeff