Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Select All on Active Class

I'm tring to create a script so that all objects on the same class are selected.

This is what I've written but does not work

whats wrong?.

--------------------------------------

Procedure selectactclass;

Var

setclassselected:string;

Begin;

setclassselected:=getclass(LSActlayer);

SelectObj(C=setclassselected);

End;

Run(selectactclass);

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Justin,

I read your problem and maybe I can help you. Almost 2 years ago I experimented to get every individual class inside a group. The group could contain several levels of nested classes. Also a nested class could consist of again nested classes.

The experiment was not completely succesfull, however in most circumstances the VectorScript designed gave correct results.

Because it is almost 2 years ago I do not know exactly were to search for that script. I do have it.

In case you are interested, please send me a message to the following email :

kristiaan.verberne@skynet.be

and I will send you the VectorScript. Also tell me if you use Windows or Macintosh so I can send you the script in WordPad or in SimpleText depending on your system in use.

It will be not an easy task to accomplish however it can be done. I worked for several days on that experimental script and I succeeded for almost 99 %.

This is what the script does :

You draw a lot of figures onto your vectorscript document. Then you group them together , nested groups included.

When you run the script you will see that the objects you drawed onto the document becomes filled with different colors. When all objects are coloured the script has accessed them all. When one color or more objects are not coloured then this are the 1% which I did not succeed.

Going inside groups and nested groups is very important for many reason. It can mean the success or failure of a project.

I wish you a very nice day and all the best.

Friendly greetings,

StarGate

Dessel

Belgium

Europe