Inexperienced User Needs Help

I am pretty good at the 2d stuff but the 3D stuff gives me trouble.

I have a 3D wireframe that I want to render into a nice shaded view of the componet. The file contains curved and flat surfaces.

I have had some luck at picking all wireframe features which create a surface and then choosing "compose curve". But when I pick features defining an adjacent surface I have problems. Looking for help soon as I want to include the rendered views of this component in a presentation to be done on Wed. the 29th of May.

Can someone walk me through this?

Dave confused.gif" border="0

Without composing curve or anything like that, you can go to View>Rendering and select one of the rendering modes.

Please note, you need to insert a light object first. In the 3d tools palette, select the light tool and insert it in the drawing.

The end result is a rendered drawing for objects with color or textures assigned to them.

Katie,

Thanks very much for your reply but it didn't work. Tried that before posting the message and also after reading your message. Note that the 3d model was not created in VW.

Would you consider allowing me to email this file to you to see what you can do? BTW, when I have rendered prior to reading your message, the light source is automatically inserted upon rendering.

Dave

Dave, Sure. You can email the file in to tech@nemetschek.net. Put it to my attention and I will take a look at it.

You say the model was not created in VW. What was it created with ?

Are you using VW 8 or 9?I ask this because in vw 8, the light is added for you when you render. In VW 9,you have to add the light yourself prior to rendering. Also in VW 9, we have a new workspace called 3d Power Pack which is geared towards 3d modeling. You might want to think about upgrading to VW 9 if you do alot of solids modeling.

[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]