Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

GetPtL

Juno

I have found that the "rubberband" displayed with the GetPtL command no longer snaps to constrained angles in VW version 9.5.1. It does continue to work with GetLine, however.

Is there an alternative for constraining angles when the first point of a line is fixed?

Thanks

-juno

Sometimes my angle snap prefs mysteriously get unselected, don't know why, but they do. Double hit the "S" key to open the Angle Snap preferences, or you can double click on the constrain angle button in the Constraint Palette. Make sure the 30,60 and the 45 check boxes are checked. Repeat procedure as often as necessary if the program "forgets" again.

Next, check that you are in Top/Plan View. My program loses the ability to snap to anything, angles and objects, at random intervals. I press CMD-5 and all is right with the world again (for a while). This may not solve your problem, but you'll need to check these things (if you haven't already) before you go on.

HTH,Raymond

[ 07-30-2002: Message edited by: MullinRJ ]

No difference I'm afraid. I've noticed that the vertical and horizontal angle snap does work, however. GetPtL just seems to ignore the 30/60 and 45 constraints.

In fact, if I change the alternate coordinate system angle to 45 (double hit "s"), it recognizes the constraint. Just not the two check boxes above.

Has anyone been able to use GetPtL in version 9.5.1 with the constraints? I wonder if it's a bug.

Thanks for your suggestions.

-juno

Thanks. I doublechecked the settings (they were ok) but the snap-to still eludes me when I use GetPtL instead of GetLine.

Likewise, I can specify the angle in the Data Display bar above the drawing area using GetLine, but not with GetPtL. That is, I can type in an angle but the resulting "rubberband" line is not constrained in the drawing.

-juno