Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

About resedit

I don't know if ResEdit will edit icons itself, but I can tell you it's an editor of a mac file's header information. If you don't already know, a mac file has two sorta-parallel parts (forks). The Resource fork contains all the non-data information, including icons. You can paste from the clipboard to the icon window, but I'm not sure you can edit that image within RE.

To Create a Windows Resource image using Resedit on Mac

1. Open Resedit and create a new resource file from the "File" Menu - "New..." name your file with a .rsr extension.2. Create a picture resource in your resource file by going to the "Resource" menu - "Create New Resource" When the dialog box appears choose "PICT from the list or type "PICT" in the text box hit OK.3. Copy and paste a pict picture into the for most window that appears.4. Note the title of the window, should be something like PICT ID= 128 from your file name. Keep track of the number this pict resource is. That number is the number used byCreateControl(lEditID,5,1,'SplashImage',128);5. Close all the windows and save your file.6. Transfer your file to a PC using the same technique as with workspace files. See Tech Note:http://www.nemetschek.net/support/technotes/025.htmlAlso check the Vectorscript exampleAlign Selected Objects here:http://www.nemetschek.net/support/custom/vscript/example.html

HTHFuge

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: Fuge ]

• 4 weeks later...