Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

3D Loci, PIOs & LayerLinks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alexandre,

My 5 mins. with VW952 confirms that 3D Locci do not display in layerlinks. I tried a couple of variations of class attributes and the project 2D checkbox, and they still didn't show up. They show up when you use the 3D viewing tools, though!!!? Tools such as the Walkthrough tool and the Flyover tool display 3D locci when they are being used in wireframe, so this inconsistancy would lead me to conclude that it is a bug. Did you submit to bugsubmit?

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Loci inside symbols and plug-in objects are used to determine where a wall break should occur, if the thing is inserted into a wall. The loci are not displayed in 3D Views and therefore not displayed in your layer link. (At least I think that is what's happening.)

Hi Jeff,

Have a look, they do appear on normal wireframe 3D views, but they don't appear on layer links.

I guess this could be considered a bug and I think it should be changed/fixed.

I found this out when I added a 3D locus to a section marker PIO I wanted to use as guide to the automatic section tools on a layer-linked model.

cheers,Alexandre

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: Alexandre B A Villares ]