Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

layer script?

ed

I'm afraid I didn't understand exactly what you want.

1- If you want to move a selected object to some layer of your choice, then you can use the Object Information Palette (there is a layer pop-up on it).

2- If you want to make active the layer on which some selected object is placed (assuming you have "Show, Snap and Modify Others" for layers) , that can be done by a script.

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: Alexandre B A Villares ]

The Object info Palette is a ready made tool to get that job done. Some other simple Layer management scripts to add to the Layer managment menu are:

1) All Layers Visible (Switches the visibility mode of all Layers to Visable)

2) All Layers Invisible ( etc)

3) All Layers Grey (etc)

4) Pick Object Layer Active (With Show/Snap/Modify layer mode) click the mouse on an object Then the layer that the object is on becomes the Active Layer.

Similar Routines can be written for class management.

Layer and Class visability routines are very similar to write. Two of my Favorites are

1) Pick Object Class Invisible - Click the mouse on an object then the class of that object becomes invisable.

2) Select Objects in Pick object Class - All Objects in the Pick Object Class are Selected. They can then be moved to a different layer , deleted, or changed to another class. This is a good way to clean up a drawing with a lot of junk.

If something seems to disapear or get lost in a drawing do the following:

Run: 1) All Layers Visable 2) All Classes Visable

Set Layer to Show OthersSet Classes to Show Others

Chances are it will show up.

All of these scripts can be written with vectorscript. The custom tool/attribute command may assist in in obtaining parts of the scripts.

I have created commands of these scripts and placed them in a custom work space with the standard layer/class commands.

I hope that these ideas are helpful to VS Users. Dave C.

tongue.gif" border="0