Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Script Errors / 9.5.1

Joey

This is one of atleast a few...

we've just installed 9.5.1, we're using standard workspace. But! a few tools such as " line into segments " tool still remains from our previous 8.5 version. I'm told by tech-support the script doesn't exist for that tool anymore. Here is the result of clicking on that tool....

line#27: i, nSegs, TVal, Type : INTEGER;

( Error: Expected a new variable name.

line#28 h, objectH : HANDLE;

( ERROR: EXPECTED BEGIN )

This is what we get..

Thanks for your help.

( error: Expected a new variable name)

line#28: h, obfectH : HANDLE;

I just looked in the workspace editorin VW9.5 and I have "Line into Segments...."odd that you don't have it and was told it doesn't exist any longer. Also I looked at vw 8.5 and have "Line into Segments...." there as well. Looking at the VW8.5 version the script doessn't have "Type" as a variable.

At the top of any script there is an area where you need to define words that are place holders for values. A place to hold a number or word for example. These place holders can no longer be name "Type" because VW's uses that word internally for other specific tasks.Variable are listed under "VAR" in the script.

Look in your script at i, nSegs, TVal, Type : INTEGER;

Change the word "Type" to something unique like "Typexxx", there and anywhere elseit may appear in the script and the script should work.

HTHDave

That's because we sometimes make mistakes.

There is still a line into segments command in the current version. It is part of the drafting tools package and by default will be a sub-item of the tools menu.

The file should be called "Line into Segments.vsm" and is infact part of the standard VectorWorks package.

I apologize for the inconvenience since I screwed up the answer here (http://www.nemetschek.net/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=001680).

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support