Backdrop

jeff

quote:

Originally posted by jeff:
I am trying to create a backdrop from a jpeg file. I had understood that one imported it as a texture. That doesn't seem to be working for me. Please provide step-by-step instructions for doing this. Many thanks.

Check out the How-To Document at:http://www.nemetschek.net/support/technotes/rw_howto_winter/index.html

This goes into details on creating a texture decal to apply to objects. In your case you'll want to create a large wall or extruded rectangle at the back of the scene to act as the drop.

HTH

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: kmoore1 ]

• 1 month later...

Hi

The dialogue boxes are different. It seems that you need to select one of the texture options that has an "*" next to it that will bring up an open file dialogue box. After selecting the file you want to use as the image you need to set the scale to the size of the backdrop. Then you can extrude your very thin rectangle to the height that you need and assign the texture in the object info box. You can also set the size(scale) in the object info box under texture, mapping. It is helpful because you can adjust how it looks there.

This isn't exactly step by step but maybe it will help grin.gif" border="0