Multiple Views

G_Hannigan

Question

I would like to see VW add the ability to have more than one view displayed at a time. Many 3D programs allow the display of from one to four active views on screen (C4D, Acad, etc.). The constant changing of our single view to another, and re-centering the object is a real drag on work flow. In some cases, you can begin the creation of an object in one view (R.Iso) and complete it in another (Right).

George

6 answers to this question

I know that there's a way to do this using the old school layer links, but I avoided it. I agree with having this capability, maybe just a "viewport" window where I can see what I'm doing from a different vantage point. As I work in telivision this would be invaluable to create in a plan view and see how things shape up in the camera's view.

The old Layer Linking is different. I'm talking about dividing the screen into multiple work panes. Multiple, different views of the project at various zoom levels. The cursor becomes "active" in a pane by clicking inside its borders. These are not Viewports as VW defines them, more like multiple "monitors" on one screen within the single VW window.

In some programs you can begin an action in one view (eg. Rt Iso) and drag into another view (eg L Iso) and finish.

George