Problem importing instrument data

I have a problem importing instrument data back into SL 9.5.1. I export ALL instrument data to Excel, only add channel numbers, then try to import the updated channels and SL has a Vectorscript error at 137 of 274 instruments. I have tried automatically matching fields, and only importing channels but it doesn't work. I've also tried breaking up the data into groups of about 110 instruments, and no matter which group of data I use I get a Vectorscript error at 55 of 110 instruments.

Any ideas how to fix this. It is one of the more appealling aspects of Spotlight and I would like it to work

I use LW so I am not up on using Excel, but a thought that might help.

Are you following the directions in the manual? If so there is an error in that you should NOT select the "import first record" button(like it shows in the manual) when you import back into VW.

Jim

quote:

Originally posted by Swift:
I have a problem importing instrument data back into SL 9.5.1. ....and no matter which group of data I use I get a Vectorscript error at 55 of 110 instruments.

Any ideas how to fix this. It is one of the more appealling aspects of Spotlight and I would like it to work

Can you please e-mail me your data file from Excel, and the SpotLight drawing. There is probably something slightly off in the data, like an empty field or missing line return that is causing the problem.

kmoore@nemetschek.net