download 3d

hello all, sometimes i feel like a simpleton......

tryed to download the 3d from the 9.5.1 upgrade cd, [windows 2000 pro],open explore>select3d > select browse as instructed to place in the 9.5.1 folder ,which doesn't come up on my list of destinations for folders. cosequently i can't continue the download....any ideas or suggestions would really be appreciated..........i emailed tech, they instructed me to do what i had already done. when i emailed back, 4 days ago,and again 2 days ago, they won't respond. i have tryed to be polite but i am getting frustrated, this has happened before. actually almost every time i e-mail for help. have i angered them? how do i get their attention? i really could use some help sometimes as this is all new to me. this is actually the bigger problem and i'd really appreciate help on that one. thanks, whitecap

Whitecap,

I think average response time for an email to tech is about 8-10 working hours. That means that on most business days you should get an answer the next day, sometimes the morning after that.

I'll try to find out what happened to your emails ASAP.

As for installing the 3D Power Pack, it is included on the top level of the 9.5.1 CDs, and is also available at www.3dpowerpack.com.

The direct download for Windows is http://download2.nemetschek.net/nnapub/win/Install3DPowerPack.exe

For Macintosh it is http://download2.nemetschek.net/nnapub/mac/Install3DPowerPack.bin

In either case save this file to your disk, and then double click on the file to launch the installer. You should then have on screen instructions for the rest of the process.

If you have the CD and don't want to download it, on the Mac you just open the CD and then double click the installer.

On Windows it is a bit harder to get off the disk. Put the CD in the computer, if the VectorWorks installer opens automatically, close that. Then open My Computer, and right click on your CD drive. Select open, and then double click on the 3D power pack installer.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

matthew, first of all-THANK YOU! for checking into my communication deal with tech support. i really appreciate it! i tryed your instructions and still have the same problem........the 3d install wizard opens, asks for my agreement,then asks for me to choose the location of the vw 9.5.1 product before i can continue. from this stage on the "next" box is grayed out or inactive. i cannot do anything except, browse other locations, or go back or cancel.[ i have tryed typing in vectorworks 9.5.1 as a location, as opposed to the program folder that is usually displayed, and same response.] i am not able to proceed.is there something else i should be doing. also, i have tryed this acessing the 3d install from the cd sent ot me,the web address you gave me and opened from every different way i can think of. i'm kind of stuck where i started.any other ideas?, whitecap

You need to browse to your VectorWorks 9.5.1 installation folder. By default this will be C:\Program Files\VectorWorks 9.5.1\If you have an industry series product, that product's name will also be past of the folder name.

If you did not install VectorWorks to the default location, you will have to browse to wherever you installed it.

Browse so you are inside the VectorWorks folder and click ok. This will bring you back to the installer, but now it will display the location you selected and the next button will be enabled.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support