Sign in to follow this  
The Hamma

Minimum printed Lineweight

Question

I would appreciate a minimum printed linewieght option in the print dialog box. Reason being that may times symbols hatches and other objects nested deep within groups may be linewight 1. When I print any line below 3 they don't print, hence the need for a minimum printed linewieght.

4 answers to this question

Hamma (I assume we "can't touch this"?): You should try fiddling with your print settings. Decreasing the "gamma" setting will darken all of your output, and hence your 1pt lines will probably print just fine. Hope that helps :-)

Thanks for your suggestions, but they will not work in my situation. The best fix would be a minimum printed line weight option.

Windows XP, Sp2 Vectorworks 10.5.1

Pentium IV 3.2 HT

Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 w/ Dual Monitors

Printers

Hp Laserjet 2100 - no problem

Hp Deskjet 1120c - no problem

Hp Officejet 7100 - no problem

Kip 7000 - best print but no lines below 3

Xerox 8055 - On last leg but prints

Hp Designjet 5000 - No problem - but expensive to print on

I would like to bring this issue back up again. Many times things get drawn or symbols and hatches are in line weights 1 and 2 mils and this is just to small for our printers or our desires. It would be nice to have a setting that beefed up all line weights to a minimum and our minimum would be 3 mils. Seems like a simple request and a simple fix.