Universal Page Setup for Sheets

Delmer

Question

An option button in the page setup to make setup changes apply to all sheets.

This could also be located in the Batch Print menu so you could choose which sheets the new setup would apply to.

Or even allow entry to the page setup from the layer dialogue when multiple sheets are selected.

[ 06-08-2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Delmer ]

12 answers to this question

BG,

Where exactly are you losing saved view settings? I have a number of different views with various class organizations and render options and don't seem to have any of those altered.

The only thing I notice is that it will stack your sheets, which is only a hassle if you happen to have sheets pulled to different locations relative to the drawing center -something I don't often do in any case.

W2000, V11.5

[ 06-12-2005, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Delmer ]

Delmer

I have all of my sheets set up using "saved views". After running the "sheet layer setup" all of the saved view settings are "lost". But it only affects saved views that reference sheet layers. It does not affect saved views that reference design layers.

Weird...

BG

BG, I guess that is what you said the first time. When sheets came along I stopped using saved views for print purposes so didn't catch on. I see what you mean though, it changes your Saved View Active Layer setting to Don't Save. This probably has some relation to the fact that the Layer button in the Edit window is grayed out when saving a sheet as a view -not being able to view more than one sheet at a time.

I guess the next question is what advantage do you find using saved views for sheets? I'm just curious.

I find it better than just selecting the sheet layer from the pull down layer list because choosing the sheets this way maintains the class settings from the previous layer you are working on. Why does this matter? If a class is visible in the viewport but turned off on the global class settings you cannot snap to it. So I use the saved views to move between sheets to ensure that all of the global classes are turned on each time a sheet layer is selected.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

BG

Delmer

One other use for changing sheets this way that you may be interested in. We make use of the "Edit Script" feature. Often we have objects with the same class settings appear differently on sheet layers. ie. walls on one sheet may be solid filled black and on another sheet they are solid filled white.

Regards

BG

PS Resolve Software advised that this bug is not fixable at this time but hopefully will be in a future version.