Only a small thing - but it saved me time and extra mouse work.

alanmac

Question

After upgrading from 8.5 to 10.5 I miss this way VW worked.

Double clicking on any of the drawing tools in previous version brought up the create object dialog box but also by default placed the cursor in the first dimension dialog box.

I could simply enter the dimension, press tab move to the next dimension enter the size hit enter and job done, apart from placing the object with a click of the mouse.

Now it does not default to the first dimension box but the class box instead and involves clicking in the dimension box before entering the dimension or tabbing through to get to it.

I miss the old way, although a small thing it was one of the functions VW had in reducing the amount of "mousing" I need to do considerably.

3 answers to this question

I second alanmac: automatically having the keyboard focus (not the cursor) in the first field of the "2d Data Display Bar" not only saves tabkey entries but also having to visually check the keyboard focus. for an even smarter approach see this thread: http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001634

Hint: i don't know if this works in v10, but in v11 you can your Numpad's Enter/Returnkey instead of the tabkey. As you're already typing your numbers there, this is much faster. I.e.: "rectangle tool/enter/width value/enter/height value/enter/click anywhere" - done!